Krishna Paksha Pradosham in the month of Aippasi falls on November 15, Wednesday.
While worshipping Lord Shiva during Pradosha Kalam, let us also know the rare facts that make the Lord unique and amazing in His stature.
1. We know that Ravana is the Asura who abducted Devi Sita and caused a war between him and Lord Rama. Do you know that Ravana was a great devotee of Lord Shiva and had won valuable boons from Him?
His Trident shows the harmony among three worlds-a man’s inner world, the outer world (the world around him) and the broader world.
3. Anjaneya is known to be the valiant monkey -warrior who is also a great devotee of Lord Rama, the incarnation of Mahavishnu. Do you know that Anjaneya is considered as the avatar of Lord Shiva?
4. The Snake around Shiva’s neck is a symbol of stillness of the Universe.
5. Shiva’s Ardhanareeshawarar form with Goddess Parvathy on the left side is a unique phenomenon.
6. Shiva took the posture of Nataraja to kill Apasmara, the demon to signify that ignorance can only be overcome by knowledge.
7. The ash Shiva smears himself with symbolises both destruction and permanence. Ash comes out of burning things but cannot burn itself. So, it symbolises destruction and permanence.
After knowing such great aspects of Lord Shiva, let us worship Him with utmost devotion and observe Pradosha vrat and pooja with sanctity.